Own A Flat? Public & Legal Liability Insurance For Landlords


If you own a flat or apartment within a block – and pay a management fee for your buildings insurance – Landlords must buy a separate additional insurance policy to cover the Public liabilities as a landlord.


Landlords Insurance is widely available for landlords insuring their properties to let for residential purposes, however if you own a flat within a block, your management fee will only cover the bricks and mortar – Landlords need to ensure they cover their legal liabilities as a landlord, and to the public.

At Home Shield Insurance we offer a specific policy to cover this – provided to us by Legal & General with annual premiums starting at £63.60 per year.  As well as all Perils, the policy includes Contents Insurance (carpets and white goods are covered under this section) and Accidental and Malicious Damage caused by tenants – so this is great value for money!

Call one of our advisors for more information and a free quote today on Freephone 0800 612 2007.


Hayley Connolly, May 2015


Get Qupte


Recent News Articles


Coach House Insurance Is A Complicated Issue


Home Shield Insurance Launches New Website


£15,000 Of Debt Is The New Normal


Do Young People Need Life Insurance


Life & Critical Illness Insurance - Enhanced Offer For Northants Chamber Members


Business Protection - Premium Refund For Northants Chamber Members


Home Insurance - Getting The Basics Right


Home Insurance - Escape Of Water Claims